VP Sales & Business Development
Location(s): Los Angeles
About Spotlight Ticket Management: Spotlight Ticket Management (www.SpotlightTMS.com) is where tickets mean business. Spotlight makes company sports and entertainment tickets simple by enabling companies to measure the business impact of sports and entertainment assets while staying compliant.
Described as “Necessary in Business” by CNBC, Spotlight Ticket Management offers a variety of online tools and mobile products to help companies of all sizes use the tickets they own, buy the tickets they need, and stay compliant with all federal, state, and local regulation without adding another layer of red-tape or confusing software.
Spotlight makes tickets available where the business user lives, whether on their mobile device, in their CRM, or through their team and venue partners. Spotlight partners with over 60 professional sports teams and venues as well as industry leading partners Live Nation Ticketmaster, Salesforce.com and Concur to offer integrated products alongside education.
Spotlight is the co-owner of the Corporate Ticket Impact Conference (www.corporateticketimpact.com), an annual gathering of Fortune 1000 firms and professional sports executives to be held May 20th, 2014 at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York, NY. The company is based in Calabasas, CA.
With offices in beautiful Calabasas, California and a very strict dress code: No Pajamas (yes, that’s the entire dress code) Spotlight provides a fun and energetic work environment for our team to create a market.
This is an Executive position reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and a key hire focused on the growth of Spotlight. Responsible for all sales and business development, responsibilities will include management and development of an inside/outside sales team, business development efforts driving business with our channel partners Salesforce.com, Cvent, Concur, and Ticketmaster as well as helping bring deals to close.
Spotlight is a terrific opportunity to match a passion for sports and live events with a passion for technology and SaaS, one of the hottest growth industries. A perfect fit for an entrepreneurial executive looking to run a company.
For this integral position we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who requires no management and is a strong player-coach. We need someone who enjoys the atmosphere of a start-up and has the experience of scaling an enterprise to significant organizational size and revenue.
- Manage, hire, and train the direct sales team to achieve and surpass individual and department revenue goals
- Coach and mentor the team to drive improvement of their skill set and productivity
- Grow relationships with key decision makers to ensure new business is continually developed
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and develop strategy to drive closure
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team while tracking the results (all within Salesforce.com)
- Work at the executive level with channel partners to identify and nurture relationships with new partners, prospects, and customers. Channel partners include over 60 professional sports teams, Concur, Cvent, Salesforce.com, and Ticketmaster amongst others.
- Work with CRO to assist in growing revenue within current customers
Commensurate with experience. Looking for an up-and-comer looking to take “the leap.” Aggressive stock plan in a start-up growing 400% year over year.
- Bachelors Degree required. No exceptions.
- 7+ years of technology sales management experience with a proven track record of success in an enterprise sales environment. Software or sports preferred
- Recent experience managing and closing significant deals with Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/ CFO level
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience in a growing a sales department, preferably a start-up or early state environment
- Strong customer references
- History of effective hiring and training of new sales representatives
Tech savvy and familiar with enterprise applications