Location(s): Los Angeles
ABOUT SPOTLIGHT TICKET MANAGEMENT (SPOTLIGHTTMS)
SpotlightTMS is where tickets mean business. An exciting venture-backed start up, Spotlight provides Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to help companies better understand the business impact of their sports and concert tickets. Spotlight is growing exponentially, financially backed, and looking for aggressive up-and-comers excited to grow with our firm. If you don’t want to be employee number 14,389 at gigantic boring inc., take a look at Spotlight where our energetic team works together on all levels offering explosive career growth. If 4% annual raises, boring day long meetings, and ten years of grunt work sounds like a waste of your talent…apply at a fast growing meritocracy where you can see the difference you are making every day.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior software developer for our fast growing startup with expertise in building scalable, extensible and user-friendly web applications. The successful candidate has a strong history of successful software design and implementation and is exceptional at back-end and application-layer development with the ability to contribute on front-end development as needed.
The ideal candidate must have an “I can build anything attitude” while providing technical leadership to a small but growing development team. In addition the candidate will also spend a significant percentage of time participating in design efforts while also be responsible for helping us break ground on new, innovative enterprise customer-facing tools and technologies. Furthermore, the successful candidate should be smart, energetic, collaborative, positive teammate and passionate about making a meaningful and measureable difference with our solutions.
This is a significant opportunity to drive the technical vision for an expanding startup. We are growing and this position will be a major contributor to the direction and growth of the business.
- Participate in the architecture and design of new and existing products. Work with stakeholders to define constraints and develop requirements.
- Provide conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution. Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for estimating work, schedule releases and leading a small team of developers to completion.
- Lead in the solution development, design and write code, write and execute test cases, and support the applications that we are delivering to our clients.
- Technical management (development lead) and program management. Responsible for ensuring that the team stays on schedule
- Drive team to solution. Identify lessons learned and implement improvements on each release
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field, with 7+ years of software development work experience. (M.S. in Computer Science a plus)
- Previous experience on SaaS, enterprise solutions, B2B, B2C and eCommerce or a combination of them
- Strong work experience in software development & engineering with the following technologies:
- PHP in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience with the Symfony framework highly desirable, but not required
- Solid understanding and experience of using source control repositories like Subversion (SVN)
- Experience with designing and implementing web services, and integrating with 3rd Party web services
- Experience applying software reuse methodologies including object-oriented methods and tools, and use of design tools based on the Universal Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience working with load balancing of multiple Apache web servers, or work with the LAMP environment in the cloud is a plus
- Development experience on leading ticket and eCommerce platforms a plus (eBay/Stubhub, Paypal, Ticketmaster, Amazon, Google Checkout/Wallet, Elavon/InternetSecure…)
- Demonstrated excellence in developing web-based user interface and back-end software modules
- Expertise in building scalable, extensible and user-friendly web applications.
- Prior experience of working in a team environment and leading Software teams of developers
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Solid oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in startups is a big plus.
- Salesforce and mobile applications development experience a plus.
- Experience designing software platforms and implementing APIs a plus